Adopted Parisian's Note:
A sweet 'n' savory appetizer, fantastic for parties, potlucks, and midnight snacks. Savory bacon hugs sweet and tender shrimp, hence the name. Basil, garlic and parmesan pack a flavorful punch, and the sweet and tangy sauce is a wonderful accompaniment.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 pieces bacon, thinly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by cutting a slit along the back and gently pressing open.
- 3Combine basil, parmesan, and garlic in a small bowl. Place basil mixture evenly in shrimp openings; pressing shrimp closed.
- 4Cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- 5Wrap each shrimp with 1 slice bacon, and place on greased baking sheet.
- 6Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and microwave for 60 seconds.
- 7Brush sauce over shrimp, and bake 8 to 9 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Hugged Shrimp With Basil-Garlic Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: