Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A sweet 'n' savory appetizer, fantastic for parties, potlucks, and midnight snacks. Savory bacon hugs sweet and tender shrimp, hence the name. Basil, garlic and parmesan pack a flavorful punch, and the sweet and tangy sauce is a wonderful accompaniment.
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 pieces bacon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup apricot marmalade
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by cutting a slit along the back and gently pressing open.
- Combine basil, parmesan, and garlic in a small bowl. Place basil mixture evenly in shrimp openings; pressing shrimp closed.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each shrimp with 1 slice bacon, and place on greased baking sheet.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and microwave for 60 seconds.
- Brush sauce over shrimp, and bake 8 to 9 minutes.