Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like to eat this on a roast beef sandwich! I also like to dip chips and crackers into this as well as french fries. I would double it (at least) for a party and serve with crackers. Use light sour cream OR light mayo, not both or the texture will be different. But if you don't mind that then by all means go right ahead! :) Cook time is chill time.
- 1⁄4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (can use light)
- 1 medium onion, minced very small
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled very finely
- Put all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend for 10-20 seconds, or until nice and smooth.
- Put in a small bowl and chill for at least one hour for flavors to blend.
- Serve with crakers, eat on a sammie or use as a dip for potato chips or fries.
Very nice. I made just 2 alterations. I used a red onion and fresh parsley. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag. :)
Oh this is wonderful! I made this for the playoff game last night, and followed exactly, except using the full fat mayo, and full fat sour cream. I mixed in the blender for 2 seconds, (only adding during the mixing time, 1/2 of the bacon). Let sit for 2 hours, then at serving time, I sprinkled the other two bacon slices, (pounded gently with a rolling pin) on top of the dip and added sliced green onion too. Needless to say, all gobbled up! Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* January 2010
I confess, I was lazy when I made this & just stirred everything together. The mixture had some texture, but we didn't mind it. It was great as a chip dip and dh enjoyed it on his roast beef sandwich. I used light sour cream and real mayonaisse. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag-Dec '09.