Recipe by Mrs.Jack
I love these sandwiches for a great change. I often make as a regular sandwich just for me. Works great with many types of bread, too. Adapted from 'The Holidays' by John Hadamuscin. Enjoy!!!
Top Review by True Texas
Wow, soooooooo good. I used the full 8 oz cream cheese about 1/2 lb bacon and added extra horseradish to mine. Then I spread on little cocktail bread. I love these and my sisters did too. We took them on our little vacation and had us a picnic. They are like a BLT with a little twist. Next time I think I may add a tiny amount of sour cream to thin them a bit to make it spread easier.
- 113.39 g bacon, chopped
- 59.14 ml fat free cream cheese, softened
- 19.71 ml prepared horseradish
- 6 slice pumpernickel bread, thin slices, crusts removed
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute bacon in small skillet until brown and crisp. Drain and cool on paper towels; crumble.
- Combine bacon, cream cheese, and horseradish in small mixing bowl; blend thoroughly with a fork.
- Spread mixture in a thin layer onto 6 slices of bread.
- Top 3 slices of bread with single slices of tomato; with other 3 slices of bread, make sandwich with cream cheese-side down. Press gently to adhere.
- Cut each sandwich into fourths lengthwise with a sharp knife-each sandwich makes 4 long finger sandwiches.
- Stack on a serving tray, cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate until serving time.