I love these sandwiches for a great change. I often make as a regular sandwich just for me. Works great with many types of bread, too. Adapted from 'The Holidays' by John Hadamuscin. Enjoy!!!
- Saute bacon in small skillet until brown and crisp. Drain and cool on paper towels; crumble.
- Combine bacon, cream cheese, and horseradish in small mixing bowl; blend thoroughly with a fork.
- Spread mixture in a thin layer onto 6 slices of bread.
- Top 3 slices of bread with single slices of tomato; with other 3 slices of bread, make sandwich with cream cheese-side down. Press gently to adhere.
- Cut each sandwich into fourths lengthwise with a sharp knife-each sandwich makes 4 long finger sandwiches.
- Stack on a serving tray, cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate until serving time.