Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my version of Aaron McCargo Jr's bacon wrapped potato with honey scallion sauce.
- 3 large potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter (at room temp)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- Peel potatoes. Dice them into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch cubes.
- Parboil them for about five minutes so they are slightly tender but not falling apart. DO NOT OVER BOIL THEM. Drain water.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a pan.
- Fry them to a golden brown ( about 15-20 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Mix butter, honey, scallions and bacon in a bowl.
- Add potatoes and stir. Enjoy!