Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is more of an "unusual combination" than a recipe, but we like it.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Remove bacon and drain all but 2 Tb of bacon grease.
- Drain the can of hominy and add to the bacon drippings. Fry over medium heat until hominy is lightly brown.
- Beat together the eggs, salt and pepper. Add to hominy and cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are done.
- Crumble bacon over the top and serve.
- Try shredded cheese melted over the top too, if you want to.
We loved this for taste, ease and quickness. These are ingredients that I always have and never thought to put together. The only addition was some chopped fresh tomato, seeded. As per the suggestion, I added Mex-mix cheese on top. Great go-to Sunday night supper.