From breakfast to brunch or casual supper, these tasty hash browns are just the ticket.
My Private Note
hash br ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 11 ounces potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 7 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and pepper and fry for 3 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the potatoes, zucchini, flour and eggs.
- 4Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add the parsley and bacon and mix again.
- 6Using your hands, shape the mixture into small round cakes.
- 7Dust the rounds in flour and arrange on a large plate.
- 8Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the hash cakes over a high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until brown. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- 9Serve the hot hash cakes with hollandaise and a mixed salad.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Hash Browns Cakes - Homemade
Serving Size: 1 (1054 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 186.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper