Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From breakfast to brunch or casual supper, these tasty hash browns are just the ticket.
Make and share this Bacon Hash Browns Cakes - Homemade recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 11 ounces potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 7 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and pepper and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the potatoes, zucchini, flour and eggs.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and bacon and mix again.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into small round cakes.
- Dust the rounds in flour and arrange on a large plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the hash cakes over a high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until brown. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve the hot hash cakes with hollandaise and a mixed salad.