Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
From breakfast to brunch or casual supper, these tasty hash browns are just the ticket.
Make and share this Bacon Hash Browns Cakes - Homemade recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 11 ounces potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 7 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and pepper and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the potatoes, zucchini, flour and eggs.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and bacon and mix again.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into small round cakes.
- Dust the rounds in flour and arrange on a large plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the hash cakes over a high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until brown. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve the hot hash cakes with hollandaise and a mixed salad.