Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I do not eat eggs so it is hard for me to find breakfast recipes...this one is just perfect!!
- 4 cups hash brown potatoes
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 9 inches pie plate.
- Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
This made a really good side for my Sunday brunch. My only complaint is that it did not brown as I would have liked it to. However, it tasted wonderful.
Delicious and easy---my favorite combo! We'll definitely have this often.
I also made this recipe recently from A Taste of Home (2002 or 2003, can't recall). It was a recipe created by a male chef. I thought I would miss the eggs, but I didn't! I really loved this!