Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
An amazing combination of ingredients for a tex-mex grilled cheese sandwich. From closetcooking.com.
- 2 slice bacon
- 2 slice sourdough bread
- 14.79 ml butter, room temperature
- 118.29 ml monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 29.58 ml guacamole, room temperature
- 14.79 ml tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Grilled cheese with bacon is one of my favorite sammies, and the added guac brought it up several notches. Didn't have jack cheese so used provolone which is my personal preference anyway...DH really liked this and wanted another, but I only cooked enough bacon for 1 sammie each LOL. Made mine on gluten-free bread and hubby's on potato bread. Will definitely make this again with sour dough as that is hubby's favorite bread. This was a very nice addition to an avocado/tomato salad and soup for a light dinner tonight. Thanks for posting RR - made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
WOW what a flavour explosion I used wholemeal/wholegrain bread, a sharp cheddar cheese, middle cut bacon (cooked in the oven) and a unholy guacamole with spicy salsa and Mexicana cheesy corn chips and I loved this very filling sandwich, thank you Random Rachel, made for I Recommend and to AZPARZYCH for the recommendation.
Really good grilled sandwich. I tried mine with double the chips and my DH wanted his without chips. It was hard to tell much of a difference, but all the flavors were still good. Next time I would put more guacamole on mine. This sandwich packs a big crunch!