Recipe by Random Rachel
An amazing combination of ingredients for a tex-mex grilled cheese sandwich. From closetcooking.com.
Top Review by FloridaNative
Grilled cheese with bacon is one of my favorite sammies, and the added guac brought it up several notches. Didn't have jack cheese so used provolone which is my personal preference anyway...DH really liked this and wanted another, but I only cooked enough bacon for 1 sammie each LOL. Made mine on gluten-free bread and hubby's on potato bread. Will definitely make this again with sour dough as that is hubby's favorite bread. This was a very nice addition to an avocado/tomato salad and soup for a light dinner tonight. Thanks for posting RR - made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys.
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.