Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
In '1,000 Mexican Recipes' by Marge Poore
- 6 bacon, slices
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, seed removed, and peeled
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2 serrano chilies, finely chopped with seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-low heat until brown and crisp.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- When the bacon is cool, crumble it into small bits.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados.
- Stir in the onion, serranos, cilantro, lime juice, and the reserved bacon bits.
- Drain off any juice from the tomato to prevent discoloring the guacamole.
- Gently stir the tomato into the guacamole.
- Taste and season with salt, if needed.