Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious and rich quiche--great for dinner or company. I got this off the net and everyone loved it.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake the pie shell for 12 minutes or until just golden.
- Let it cool for 8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cook onions in oil till tender.
- Sprinkle cheese in bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon and onion.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over cheese in pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Cooked the green onion in the bacon grease and drained it; added a tad of garlic and used evaporated milk rather than cream. I made two, and used cheddar and colby in one and mozz and blue cheese in the other. This was absolutely delicious! I even put a link on facebook!!
Super health conscious, so I lightened this up. Used no oil for the green onions, sauteed on a teflon pan instead. Removed an egg and used milk instead of cream and less cheese. Added white pepper. Was a big hit at the table served with an endive salad.
This is a great recipe!! No need to saute the green onions in oil at all. They taste wonderful when you cook the bacon in the microwave, dice and then throw that and the green onions in the bottom of the pie shell and pour egg mixture on top. Saves time! I love quiche because you can substitute for ingredients you have on hand.