Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
A delicious and rich quiche--great for dinner or company. I got this off the net and everyone loved it.
Top Review by wildheart
Cooked the green onion in the bacon grease and drained it; added a tad of garlic and used evaporated milk rather than cream. I made two, and used cheddar and colby in one and mozz and blue cheese in the other. This was absolutely delicious! I even put a link on facebook!!
- 9 inches pie shells
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon, crisp cooked and chopped up
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake the pie shell for 12 minutes or until just golden.
- Let it cool for 8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Cook onions in oil till tender.
- Sprinkle cheese in bottom of pie shell. Top with bacon and onion.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over cheese in pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes or until set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.