Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The flavor of this quiche is incredible. Something totally different. It's kind of a southwest twist on Quiche Lorraine. Enjoy!
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Preback prepared pie crust 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon, then chilies and green onion over crust.
- Combine cheeses and sprinkle over bacon, chilies and onions.
- Beat half and half and eggs in separate bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg/half and half mixture into crust.
- Bake quiche until knife inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let quiche rest 5 minutes before cutting.
This was very very good. I made as directed and it turned out perfect. Loved the texture. This is a very versital recipe and I will try with Rotel next time to spice it up some. thanks