Recipe by Panhandle Sam
One day DH wanted biscuits and gravy, but I didn't have sausage, only bacon. So, I found a recipe online and went for it. Thus, bacon gravy was born!
Top Review by Wheres_the_Beef?
This is a really good recipe. We were raised on bacon gravy over toast or biscuits or mashed potatoes... My only problem is with the instruction, "Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease." Nooooooooooo! You save the extrq bacon grease in a sealed container in the fridge for other uses. You might as well throw away money because you have enough. ;-) This is a really good recipe. I urge you to try it. It's better than sausage gravy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-hi. Place 6 slices of bacon in the skillet and cook until just under crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and drain; set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
- Add flour to grease, and whisk together. Cook for about a minute without burning the flour.
- Add milk; whisk together.
- Heat until bubbling. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken.
- Meanwhile, crumble bacon. Add salt and pepper (to taste), and bacon to gravy. Allow to simmer until desired consistency.
- Serve over biscuits.