Recipe by cookingupstorm2
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. Using Simply Potatoes as a base for these delicious potatoes turns the ordinary into extraordinary with the additon of crispy bacon and creamy goat cheese. Baked to perfection and then topped with a dollop of sundried tomato infused sour cream. The contrast of flavors is amazing. From oven to table in 20 minutes, this dish is a great alongside steak, pork or chicken. Incredibly easy but amazingly impressive. I think this will become a mainstay in your recipe collection.
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 3 ounces fresh spreadable goat spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 3 slices thick sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, cubed goat cheese and bacon and stir to mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a small casserole dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, lemon juice, sundried tomatoes and garlic in a small bowl and stir.
- Serve potatoes with a dollop of sour cream and top with green onions.