Recipe by yooper
Wonderful side dish or appetizer at any barbecue. I got this one from "Southern Living" magazine. If using long wooden picks soak in water 30 minutes prior to threading with onion wedges.
Top Review by Manda
OH, somebody pinch me!! I have got to be dreaming!! I made these with grilled sirloin for the fam. and grilled chicken breast for me, fresh green salad...Heaven!! Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks, yooper!
- 2 large sweet onions, such as vidalia, cut in wedges
- 8 slices thick hickory smoked bacon, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap onion wedges with bacon; secure with long wooden picks.
- Place in a large shallow dish.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, and molasses; drizzle over onion wedges.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Remove onion wedges from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350-400°F) 20 minutes or until onion wedges are crisp tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.