Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom love to serve the Filipino fried rice with spam or smoked milkfish for breakfast with a side of tomatoes in fish sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion, white
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cold cooked long-grain rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 -6 slices bacon, strips cooked, drained and chopped
- Accent seasoning, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
For the Tomatoes in Fish sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes, red
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion, white
- 1 -2 tablespoon fish sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the bacon, garlic, carrot, peas and onion in butter until bacon is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside. In same skillet, cook and stir egg over medium heat until completely set. Stir in the rice, soy sauce, accent seasoning, pepper, and bacon mixture; heat through. Serve!
- Note: You may replace the eggs and bacon with tofu and add hot peppers if you are a vegetarian.
- Tomatoes in Fish Sauce:.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, onions and fish sauce. Serve with Spam or Smoked Milkfish and Fried Rice. Yummy!
Wonderful filipino dish!