1/3 Photos of Bacon Fried Rice
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Oooh, how I love a good fried rice!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cold cooked long-grain rice (preferably jasmine)
- 12 ounces bacon, cut into 1 pieces and cooked until crisp
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced, dark green parts set aside
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed (about 2 cups)
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat skillet on medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons of the canola oil, the onion and the white and light green scallion slices, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic, 1 tablespoon of the oil and the cooked rice and stir to coat. Add the peas and stir again.
- 3Make a large well in the rice and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil and the eggs. Let the eggs set for 1 to 2 minutes, then scramble them with a fork and cook for 2 minutes more.
- 4Stir the eggs into the rice, breaking them up into small pieces.
- 5Turn off the heat. Add the bacon, half of the dark green scallion slices and the sesame oil and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the fried rice to a serving platter and top with the remaining scallions.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 938.7
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 322.2 mg
- Sodium 880.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g