Recipe by Kim D.
A nice alternative to the ordinary side dish! Found in the "Changing Thymes" cookbook.
Top Review by Paka
This was a big hit! I only had red pepper and dried parsley but the color combo was beautiful. I added minced garlic out of habit and used those fresh bacon bit things! I can't wait to try this with all fresh veggies instead of those out of my freezer. thanks.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn (cut from 4 ears)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside, retaining 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet.
- Cook onions in drippings for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and bell peppers to onion.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just soft.
- Add parsley, milk, salt and pepper to veggies, mix well.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces on top of vegetables.