A nice alternative to the ordinary side dish! Found in the "Changing Thymes" cookbook.
Make and share this Bacon Fried Corn recipe from Food.com.
- Fry bacon in a heavy skillet until crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside, retaining 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet.
- Cook onions in drippings for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and bell peppers to onion.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just soft.
- Add parsley, milk, salt and pepper to veggies, mix well.
- Sprinkle bacon pieces on top of vegetables.
This was a big hit! I only had red pepper and dried parsley but the color combo was beautiful. I added minced garlic out of habit and used those fresh bacon bit things! I can't wait to try this with all fresh veggies instead of those out of my freezer. thanks.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used half and half instead of milk as I was out of milk and didn't want to run to the store before dinner. Made for Fall PAC 2008.
This recipe is fabulous and soooo easy. I've made it as written and it is just perfec, butI've been making it over my lunch hour recently so to speed it up I have been using real bacon bits and canned corn. I just throw the bacon bits in the skillet about a minute before the corn with a 1/2 tbs of oil (i like enova) and in no time I have lunch! I've also tried throwing in 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes. Thanks so much for the recipe. It is a new favorite.