Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a flavorful chicken with feta cheese bacon, and diced tomatoes. A real inevpensive, low calorie recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dried basil
- In a small bowl, lightly mix bacon and cheese together.
- Cut a pocket in the thicker side of each chicken breast.
- Fill each with 1/4 of the bacon/cheese mixture. Pinch shut and secure with a toothpick.
- Place chicken in slow cooker, and top with tomatoes, and sprinkle with basil.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours or until chicken is tender, but not dry or mushy.
Delicious and simple. I was short on time, so used my cast iron skillet on the stove top. It was great!
This was easy to prepare and has a great plate presentation. But DH and I both thought it was good but not special. We felt the feta was a tad bit to strong for our liking. I did add a touch of minced garlic with the cheese mixture. Also used fresh basil and added in some rosemary and sage. Like another reviewer suggested. I served it over noodles. Thanks for posting. :)
Delicious! The only change I made was to double the stuffing. I really liked this and would definitely make it again! This was so easy to whip up after a long day at work. I can't see why you couldn't make this on the stove too. I served this with couscous and veggies. Made for Zaar Stars. Thanks weekend cooker! :)