Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saw this in TOH Quick Cooking. Haven't tried it yet, but the picture looks pretty good and the recipe seems easy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Carefully cut a slit in the deepest part of each chicken breast. Fill with bacon and cheese; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain one can of tomatoes; add to skillet. Stir in the remaining tomatoes; sprinkle with basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes longer or until the chicken is no longer pink and the tomato mixture is thickened.