Recipe by WhoKnew?
This dish is so colorful when served on a diced tomatoes. It comes from Quick Cooking (2003) and is simple to prepare.
Top Review by kiwidutch
Lovely recipe, great taste... the tomato and basil sauce is a good addition to bring the flavours together. I adore basil and feta anytime at all and found this quick and wasy to make so this recipe is a keeper. Please see my rating system, a lovely 4 stars:) Thanks!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (29 oz total)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully cut a pocket in each chicken breast.
- Fill with bacon and cheese; secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- In large skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Drain one can of tomatoes, discarding juice.
- Add to skillet along with the undrained can of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Cover & simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover & simmer 5 more minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, and tomato mixture is thickened.