Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Always looking for delicious & interesting ways to serve chicken...here's another one!
Make and share this Bacon - Feta - Red Pepper Chicken Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Lay each chicken piece on a large rectangle of plastic wrap; fold plastic over, begin pounding with kitchen mallet, until meat is about 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic.
- On each paillard, top with bacon (crumble or leave whole), 1/4 C feta cheese, one red pepper, and sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll paillard/cutlet up (start on the short side), bring ends in to meet; tie with kitchen string.
- Brown chicken in HOT oil; transfer to 8x8 pan; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
- VARIATION: Instead of feta--try grated or finely diced provolone or Swiss cheese or BLEU cheese! Whoohooo!