Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a YUMMY brunch or breakfast or lunch sandwich. Looks very pretty - a nice one for surprise company! Fabulous served with fresh fruits. This is adapted from Quick Cooking, April 2000 issue.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 8 slices bread
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- Butter one side of four bread slices, and place buttered side down into a skillet.
- Spread sour cream on top side of four slices of bread which are in the skillet.
- Top w/ onions, cheese, eggs and bacon.
- Top with the remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
Yummy!!! Hey, Atkin's dieters, use low carb bread and voila-a great low carb lunch. My DH and I really enjoyed this. Something different for a change. Thanks for posting WJKing!