Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A pie ideal for a picnic!or a weekday supper.Popular with Children.
Make and share this Bacon, Egg, Mushroom and Tomato Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- --------Forthe pastry----------.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the fat and add just enough water to make a dough.
- Or put it all in the food processor!
- Chill for 30 minutes before using.
- -------Forthe filling---------.
- Grill the bacon and then cool and cut into strips.
- Finely chop the mushrooms, melt the butter, add shallots and mushrooms and cook until dry.
- Season and add the tomatoes.
- Roll out just over half the pastry, line a 17cm flan ring.
- Smooth the mushroom mix onto the base of this.
- Sprinkle with bacon, break in 6 eggs, season and roll out the rest of the pastry.
- Make a glaze of egg wash with the remaining egg.
- Lay the pastry on top of pie.
- Seal with egg wash and decorate.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes .
- Rest for 10 minutes, remove flan ring and serve hot or cold.