1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Norahs Girl's Note:
A pie ideal for a picnic!or a weekday supper.Popular with Children.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the short crust pastry
For the filling
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
- 2--------Forthe pastry----------.
- 3Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- 4Rub in the fat and add just enough water to make a dough.
- 5Or put it all in the food processor!
- 6Chill for 30 minutes before using.
- 7-------Forthe filling---------.
- 8Grill the bacon and then cool and cut into strips.
- 9Finely chop the mushrooms, melt the butter, add shallots and mushrooms and cook until dry.
- 10Season and add the tomatoes.
- 11Roll out just over half the pastry, line a 17cm flan ring.
- 12Smooth the mushroom mix onto the base of this.
- 13Sprinkle with bacon, break in 6 eggs, season and roll out the rest of the pastry.
- 14Make a glaze of egg wash with the remaining egg.
- 15Lay the pastry on top of pie.
- 16Seal with egg wash and decorate.
- 17Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes .
- 18Rest for 10 minutes, remove flan ring and serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Egg, Mushroom and Tomato Pie
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.1
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 199.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
smoked back bacon