Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Healthy Snacks for Kids. It's sort of an open-faced egg salad breakfast sandwich that can be made in advance. This seems to make enough for two kids or one adult.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 slices whole wheat toast (or 2-4 rye crackers)
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise, bacon, worcestershire sauce, and cheese together until they're a good consistency for spreading (add more mayonnaise if needed).
- Serve on crackers or bread.
I used reduced fat mayo, finely chopped Canadian bacon, and Kraft fat-free shredded cheddar. I also added extra mayo because once I mixed in the cheese it seemed a bit dry. A good dressed-up egg sandwich and very filling!