Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This recipe is super simple, can be made ahead of time, and tastes great. I first tasted this at a pot-luck lunch at work years ago. Over the years I have added bacon and increased the cheese, making it even better than the original. Multi-purpose dish, can be used as a main dish or side dish. Can also be served at breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat oven to 350°F Spray 11x7 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1 bag Simply Potatoes hashbrowns. Next, layer crumbled bacon on top of potatoes. Crack eggs, 1 at a time and evenly spaced, across top of potatoes and bacon. Poke yokes with a fork. Spread 2 cups grated cheddar cheese evenly over top. Pour 1 1/2 cups half and half over casserole. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour, remove foil and bake for additional 15 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and turn lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes and serve.
Very easy and good! I added pepper and seasoned salt. Next time I'll use Simply Potatoes O'Brien hash browns.