1 hr 5 mins
Adapted from a recipe in Faith Durand's "Not Your Mother's Casseroles." You need 1 lb of peeled potatoes, so you should start with about 1 1/4 lb. You can double this and make it in a 9x13 pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb peeled potato
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray an set aside.
- 2Microwave peeled potato on high until barely tender, 3-4 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then cut into 1/4" dice.
- 3In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil until shimmering. Add the onion and a pinch of salt. Saute until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minute Add garlic, bell peppers and half the salt, Saute until the peppers are fragrant and soft, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 4Whisk together eggs and milk with remaining salt and pepper. Add 3/4 c cheese, potatoes, crumbled bacon and sauteed vegetables. Stir well and spread into baking dish.
- 5Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Spread remaining cheese on top and return to oven until cheese is melted and top is puffy, about 15 minutes more. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon, Egg and Potato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 225.3 mg
- Sodium 918.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g