Came up with this when I didn't want a regular breakfast biscuit. Cooking bacon isn't included in cooking time. If you want to save time,and a step or two just mix in the cooked bacon with the eggs before you scramble them. Heat level of salsa is Chef's choice. Don't be put off the long list of directions, it's easier than it looks. Submitted to "ZAAR" on August 24,2007
- Scramble eggs until desired doneness is reached.
- While eggs are cooking, heat tortillas in microwave for about 15 seconds or until softened.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of salsa on bottom half of tortilla.
- Place half the eggs over the salsa.
- Top eggs evenly with 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Place half of the bacon over the eggs and fold the top half of the tortilla over.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, 5 and 6 for remaining tortilla.
- Place both tortillas in a 10-inch skillet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cook until lightly browned over medium heat on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cut each quesadilla in half; eat and enjoy.
This was really good! It was easy to make and has ingredients i usually have on hand I didn't scramble my eggs before cooking them. Instead I fried them until the white was almost cooked and instead of flipping the eggs over, I "scrambled" them with the spatula. I find the eggs have a little bit more flavor that way. The bacon gave the quesadilla a good flavor. I will be making these again. Thanks for sharing your recipe shapeweaver. Made for PAC Spring '08.
Easy and delicious! This is a nice change of pace for breakfast. Filling and tasty. Thanks for sharing!
I made one with bacon (took the poster's tip and put the bacon in with the eggs) and made one with cooked breakfast sausage. They were both wonderful! Thank you so much for posting ... this will definitely be made often!