Enjoy your own personal breakfast bowl consisting of a flaky biscuit enveloping crispy bacon, egg and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the bottom side of a cupcake pan with cooking spray.
- Flatten each dough round to 1/4-inch thickness. With the cupcake pan turned upside down, place each dough circle over the back of each cupcake cup. Press the dough around the cup to form a bowl. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the biscuit bowls up-side down onto a baking sheet. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Discard half of the bacon grease from the pan.
- Add the eggs to the remaining bacon grease. Sprinkle with parsley, garlic powder, onion salt and pepper. When the eggs are done cooking, transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Arrange the breakfast bowls. Place the cooked eggs evenly in each biscuit bowl. Crumble the bacon over the eggs and top with American cheese.
- Place the biscuit bowls back in the oven to melt the cheese, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pull the bowls apart and enjoy!
This is truly one great recipe, it has it all, easy to make, looks great and taste even better. I made it with only one small change in that I used grated 4 cheese Mexican blend on top. Everyone of my visiting man-cubs loved it and asked for more. There were 3 boys here and not one of the 8 cups were left when they finished and all 3 said I should make this again and again. That's quite a compliment coming from these 3 picky eaters. I was thinking it might be even better (if that's possible) with my homemade biscuits, but all 3 said "no" they want it just like it is. Thanks so much for posting.
I was unable to find the appropriate biscuit dough. For some reason, my grocery store only had a 7.5-oz. tube of reduced-fat buttermilk biscuits, which ended up being a 10-count, so I guess my biscuit bowls ended up a bit smaller. They were still delicious though! I assumed I was supposed to scramble the eggs, which I did, adding the seasonings which gave them so much flavor. Each biscuit bowl was a wonderful pop-in-the-mouth flavorful treat, that I will definitely make again (using the right size biscuits). Made for Fall PAC 2012.
The shell was nice and fluffy. It complimented the eggs very nicely. The addition of cheese gave it a flavorful topping. My honey and I had a good time making them and eating them.