Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Say goodbye to those expensive but small frozen breakfast sandwiches. These are over the top. Make them up ahead of time and put them in the freezer. When ready to enjoy, defrost, wrap in paper towel and zap for a minute or two in the microwave. This recipe is for 6 but can easily be doubled to 12. The biscuits can be baked along with the eggs. Enjoy!
- 6 biscuits, baked and cooled (I used Sourdough Whole Wheat Biscuits.)
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk; salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly between the prepared muffin tins and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are set; immediately sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Remove from muffin tin and allow eggs to cool completely.
- Split the biscuits and top each with a slice of the Canadian bacon.
- When the eggs are cooled, place one on top of each slice of bacon.
- Wrap in foil and freeze until ready to enjoy.
- When ready to reheat, place in the refrigerator the night before, in the morning, wrap in a paper towel and reheat in the microwave at 70 percent power for 1 minute or until heated, turning after 30 seconds.
- Please note that the microwave times are only estimates. Each microwave is different.
I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this recipe - I made these a year ago when school was starting and DS needed to have a quick but filling breakfast for High School. I made them with high fiber English muffins and pre-cooked bacon (DS like bacon egg sand), and they were really good. DS thought they were too dry - that may be because of the Eng. muffin, but I really didn't want the added fat & cal of a biscuit. I will be making these again, this time for DD who starts middle school, and who really liked them. Very easy to put together (especially using pre-cooked bacon), and very tasty.
This is exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!!!
I am making a batch for hubby to have in the mornings! This is the idea I was looking for! Thanks so much!