Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
We travel a lot over Summer with my son and his race car, always looking for tasty travel type foods, this pie is one of our favourites.
- 1 (400 g) packet frozen puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices rindless bacon
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 can asparagus spear
- freshly ground black pepper
- Roll out pastry on a lightly floured board to 2mm thickness.
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with the pastry, slashing and sealing on corners to make pastry fit.
- Re-roll remaining pastry for the top.
- Break eggs into pastry.
- Prick yolks.
- Chop bacon roughly.
- Add to pastry shell.
- Slice tomatoes and lay over egg mixture.
- Drain asparagus and arrange spears over tomato.
- Grind over black pepper.
- Place pastry top over pie.
- Trim edges and crimp to seal.
- Cut 2 holes in top of pastry.
- Bake at 200C degrees for 30-40 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is set.
- Serve hot or cold.
Thank you for a very yummy and easy recipe, was great cold for hubbys and daughters lunch. Will make again for sure :-)