Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This sounds absolutely TO DIE FOR! I'm thinking it would be a great snack for a Superbowl party and I am going to have to give it a go next year (or maybe before)! I found it on a blog called "Closet Cooking."
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- sliced baguette (for serving)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced fresh tomato (optional)
- chopped dill pickle (optional)
- Cook the ground beef in a pan over medium heat, set it aside and drain the grease from the pan.
- Cook the bacon in the pan until crispy, about 6-10 minutes, set aside and drain all but a tablespoon of the grease.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix the ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, cheddar, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and pour it into a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven until the top starts turning a light golden brown and then sides are bubbling, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with baguette slices and shredded lettuce, diced fresh tomatoes and chopped dill pickles (to top it).
Just tried this over the weekend It was a definite hit at the pool party. I put mine in a small crockpot rather than baking it in the oven. Can't wait to have it again. I did not have the extras or the bread so I want to do that next time. We just had scoops and crackers with it.