Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Betty Crocker. A sure-fire kid pleaser.
Top Review by Sherry & Carl
We loved this dish. I changed it up a bit because my oven isn't working. I browned on the top of stove, added other ingredients. I omitted the bread crumbs and finished it off with pats of butter until melted. It was delicious ! Thank you.
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese cubes
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Add beef to a 4-quart saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in macaroni, milk, garlic pepper, soup, cheese cubes, and half the bacon.
- Spoon mixture into a 3-quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the remaining bacon, bread crumbs, and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes.