Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Betty Crocker. A sure-fire kid pleaser.
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese cubes
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Add beef to a 4-quart saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir in macaroni, milk, garlic pepper, soup, cheese cubes, and half the bacon.
- Spoon mixture into a 3-quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the remaining bacon, bread crumbs, and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
We loved this dish. I changed it up a bit because my oven isn't working. I browned on the top of stove, added other ingredients. I omitted the bread crumbs and finished it off with pats of butter until melted. It was delicious ! Thank you.
My family enjoyed this but I did change it a bit because of what the other reviewers wrote about. I only used 2 cups of elbow macaroni's and didn't add the breadcrumbs and butter to the top of the casserole. I also used Garlic Pepper Seasoning as I had never bought garlic pepper seasoning. I also used bacon bits instead of the bacon. I also used shredded cheddar instead of cubes. This was something different for us.
I gave this 3 stars. I made this for my family's dinner. My 4 yr newphew & 6 yr niece loved this casserole. I liked it but my future hubby thought it was tasteless. I had 8 slices of maple bacon to use up which I used in place of regular bacon. I used Garlic Pepper Seasoning as I didn't have any on hand. I used shredded white cheddar for the cubes. Overall I think it was good and with a few changes for my families taste I think this good be really good. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Thanks christine (internetnut)