Recipe by Genevieve #2
Since I started making this potato salad, it has been requested at every family BBQ and picnic. It is very savoury and has a variety of flavours.
Top Review by Reagan1002
This recipe had a more traditional taste that i was expecting, but it was excellent! I took it to a friends house and everyone loved it! I did add a little mustard (1T), bacon grease (1T) and a little sugar to my mayo mixture and used red potatoes w/the skins on. A must try for summer!
- 2 lbs idaho potatoes, peeled and diced (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (or light mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hard-boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped