Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great spread. I got it originally from organizedhome.com, but have modified it (because studding a cheese ball with almonds to make it look like a pine cone definitely gets the wow factor, but is a pain in the patootie!). Also, this tastes really yummy in tea sandwiches, spread thinly between thin slices of hearty bread.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise together in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape as you wish (ball, pine cone, bowl, sandwiches, Statue of Liberty, whatever *grins*), cover and chill overnight.
- Serve with crackers.
I used a light cream cheese. In case you do this recipe and wants to add salt, I suggest you to taste it first. Because the bacon makes it salty enough (for our taste). And my bacon is 8 % of sodium. That's a great spread for crakers. I love it. Thanks Craftscout. Made for Photo tag.