Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes 4 servings.
Make and share this Bacon, Dijon Mustard & Green Onion Stuffed Burger recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a bowl combine beef, garlic, hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste, being careful not to over-mix.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat. Keep heat on skillet and fry a pinch of the beef to test seasoning.
- Adjust seasoning, if needed, then form 8 thin patties about 1/2-inch thick and set aside.
- Sauté onions, using 1 tablespoon of Twisted Butter Bacon, Dijon Mustard & Green Onion Butter in skillet until tender, or about 5 minutes.
- Place onions in a bowl to cool. Form a spoonful of butter mixture into a ball, then place in the center of 4 patties then top with a spoonful of the onions. Top each with another patty and seal the edges.
- Grill burgers over medium-high heat, flipping once until desired doneness is reached, approximately 4 minutes each side for medium.
- Serve in buns with garnishes. Alternative: In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sear the burgers 4 minutes on each side.
I really enjoyed the flavor of this burger, even though I did use ground turkey. Ground turkey is a bit softer and therefore harder to work with, but I sort of built and formed the burger in the pan while it cooked! Of course, to make this you need a basic knowledge of how to make a compound butter since the instructions and/or recipe are not included. I just made it up to taste.