Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted by Bobbie Jo Morreale in Another Taste of Palm Springs.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, salted
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and curry powder. Cover and chill.
- Combine cabbage, raisins and green onions: cover and chill.
- Just before serving, combine cabbage mixture, bacon and peanuts in a bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to this and toss well to coat.
Found the recipe this morning, threw it together for a family potluck this afternoon, crossed my fingers and lucked out! Lovely combination of flavors and textures. This was SIMPLE to make with bagged shredded cabbage and precooked bacon. I'm not sure that shredding the cabbage or frying bacon myself would improve the recipe so I won't bother when I make it again....and I WILL make it again!
i made this yesterday when my MIL came over for brunch. we all loved it, and she took home the leftovers. the combination of ingredients might sound a little odd but they end up blending so well! i made some minor modifications: used coleslaw mix, doubled the curry powder, and since the peanuts i had were unsalted i added a very small amount of celery salt. i definitely will be making this again!