1 hr 30 mins
Bacon and apple pie? Sounds interesting so I had to save it here. Recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 (9 inch) store-bought pie shells, prebaked according to package directions
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp; drain and crumble.
- 3In medium bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar, add the butter and, using your fingers, incorporate the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- 4Stir in the bacon and cheese; refrigerate.
- 5Line a baking sheet with foil.
- 6In medium bowl, toss the apples with the granulated sugar and lemon peel.
- 7Transfer to the pie shell and sprinkle with the topping.
- 8Place the pie on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- 9Cover loosely with foil and bake until golden and the apples are tender when pierced, 40-45 minutes.
- 10Let cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bacon-Crumble Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.4
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 545.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 10.2 g