Recipe by SweetSueAl
This is an appetizer that I saw Paula Deen make on Food TV. What would we do without Food TV??? It's easy to make, although it does have a long cooking time.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
These are one of our family favorites. I make them with Baked Ritz and small slices of cheese (instead of grating it). I also like to use thick, maple flavored bacon. I cooked mine for 20 minutes at 375 and they were perfect! UPDATE: I made these again last night and used baked wheat thins and a raw gruyere which was fabulous. Again, I baked them at 375 but for 15 minutes, then flipped them over and cooked them another 10 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 24 rectangular crackers, buttery in taste
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the cheese on each cracker.
- Wrap cracker tightly with a strip of bacon.
- Place the wrapped crackers on a broiler rack on a baking sheet and put the baking sheets on the oven rack.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the bacon is done. Do not turn.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- NOTE: You can also bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes if you are in a hurry.