Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an appetizer that I saw Paula Deen make on Food TV. What would we do without Food TV??? It's easy to make, although it does have a long cooking time.
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 24 rectangular crackers, buttery in taste
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place 1 teaspoon of the cheese on each cracker.
- Wrap cracker tightly with a strip of bacon.
- Place the wrapped crackers on a broiler rack on a baking sheet and put the baking sheets on the oven rack.
- Bake for 2 hours or until the bacon is done. Do not turn.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- NOTE: You can also bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes if you are in a hurry.
These are one of our family favorites. I make them with Baked Ritz and small slices of cheese (instead of grating it). I also like to use thick, maple flavored bacon. I cooked mine for 20 minutes at 375 and they were perfect! UPDATE: I made these again last night and used baked wheat thins and a raw gruyere which was fabulous. Again, I baked them at 375 but for 15 minutes, then flipped them over and cooked them another 10 minutes.
These were wonderful. I used Club crackers and these were kinda crispy and crunchy, and we ate them warm! I'll certainly be making these again, and sharing them with my friends! Thanks for sharing, SweetSueAl. Made for Fall PAC '09.
I made this for my housewarming party today and they were fantastic. I used the low oven, 2 hour method and the crackers turned out perfectly. I served them at room temperature and was disappointed when there were no leftovers for me!