Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
I made these tasty breakfast tarts for Christmas morning. The crescent rolls made a tender crust that held the egg mixture beautifully. Even my son, who does not like eggs (but loves pot pies,) enjoyed these. I had a bit of leftover batter and baked it for a crustless version, which was great leftover tucked between a biscuit.
Top Review by FCR Gal
I made this for a brunch and my guests were very impressed! A nice change from regular bacon and eggs. High on the presentation factor too! These were easy to make and the leftovers re-heated well.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 5 teaspoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix in blender: cream cheese, milk, eggs, cheese, green pepper, onion.
- Grease muffin tin with Pam.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of muffin tins.
- Sprinkle half the bacon into cups.
- Gently pour egg mixture over crust (don't overfill).
- Top with remaining bacon.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 18-22 minutes (until knife comes out clean).
- Makes a nice breakfast served with juice and fresh fruit.