Recipe by Amy020
This is from kraftfoods.com and is delicious!! Went over very well with DH & 5 year old! Enjoy! P.S. I added asparagus to make it a complete meal. It would be good with broccoli, spinach or any other green vegetable as well.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious and easy! I made a few minor changes by using regular cream cheese and 1% milk. I also used the whole package of pasta and increased the milk to 1 cup. The other change I made was using 2 cloves of chopped garlic (added to the bacon mixture with the green onions and mushrooms) instead of the garlic powder which I didn't have. Delicious and creamy -- and so easy! Thanks for sharing!
- 16 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp, drain. Add mushrooms & onions; cook and stir 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine as directed on package in large saucepan; drain. Return fettuccine to saucepan. Add all remaining ingredients except tomato; cook on medium heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Toss bacon mixture with fettuccine; sprinkle with tomato. Serve immediately -- but even better as leftovers!