Recipe by Dine & Dish
This appetizer is so simple and delicious! People will think you slaved over them, but really they can be put together in a very short amount of time. You might want to make extra because they get snatched up fast!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the bacon, onion and garlic powder.
- Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on an ungreased broiler pan.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm.