Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another quick & easy recipe that will have them coming back for more. Note this one can be prepared in advance and popped in the oven as needed for all your get togethers.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 5 slices bacon (cooked & crumbled)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Combine cream cheese, onion and milk in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat well.
- Stir in bacon.
- Sparate dough into 4 rectangles, press perforations to seal.
- Divide cream cheese mixture into fourths and spread on each rectangle.
- Starting at long side, roll up rectangles and pinch edges to seal.
- Cut each roll into 8 pieces.
- Place pieces cut side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- Note: This recipe can be made earlier in the day and refrigerated.
- Two hours before baking, remove from refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- You can also bake swirls wrapped in foil and freeze.
- To serve thaw in aluminum foil, Loosen wrap and reheat at 350 for 8 minutes.
Easy but elegant appetizer. I also always double the recipe. They won't last long.
I have been making these appetizers for years and you would not believe how quickly they get eaten! It is originally from the Pillsbury website. I usually make two batches. It is great because you get 64 appetizers out of two cans of crescent rolls. My family and friends request these all the time for gatherings. You must try them!
Great.. I used some parmesean/mozzerella cheese spread- bacon bits, and diced black olives.. I found that they needed to set up a bit after they came out of the oven.