Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine years ago and it has been a hit as an appetizer in our family. Very easy to prepare!
- 1 (12 ounce) pillsbury breadsticks
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, pieces (I use Hormel)
- Fold out breadsticks and spread with cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
- Twist each and cut into 4 pieces.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until breadsticks are done.
These are very good and so simple to make. Let me start by saying, however, that the pillsbury breadstick dough we get here only has 8 breadsticks in the tube which leaves you with 32 pieces rather that 48. It's likely that Pillsbury has reduced the amount of dough since the recipe was posted. That being said, I should probably have reduced the other ingredients accordingly but didn't. I used freshly cooked and crumbled bacon rather than commercially prepared bacon bits. All in all - delicious. I'd definitely make these again. Made for Photo Swap.