Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
The Bacon Cookbook by James Villas
- 6 slices lean hickory smoked bacon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- chips or cracker, of your choice strong enough to stand up to this dip
- 1⁄4 lb extra-sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- plenty kosher salt
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon over moderate heat till almost crisp, drain on paper towels, and crumble finely.
- In a bowl, blend the cream cheese and half-and-half till smooth, add the bacon and remaining ingredients except crackers, and mix till well blended. Cover the dip and let stand about 1 hour before serving with crackers.
I made half a recipe. It was very good. I made it 4 days in advance of bringing it to a pot luck and the dip held up very well.