Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great, different kind of corn side dish.
- 6 slices bacon, cut into ½ ",pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (optional)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In 10" skillet cook bacon over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until partially cooked (4 mins).
- Add onion; continue cooking until bacon is browned.
- Drain off fat except for 1 T.
- set onion and bacon aside.
- Stir flour, salt, pepper and garlic into reserved drippings.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly (30 seconds).
- Stir in sour cream, corn and 1/3 of the bacon mixture.
- Pour into a 1 ½ quart casserole; sprinkle with remaining bacon mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and chives.