Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love bacon, I love cornbread -- why not combine the flavors? :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Grease round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Stir together all ingredients; beat vigorously 30 seconds. Pour into pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Great cornbread! Not too sweet and I liked the addition of the bacon. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
These were WONDERFUL!!!!! I served these with our potato soup we had for lunch today. They are so moist and :yummy: So easy to throw together. I will be making these again........Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe.