Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great flavorful chowder. I often serve it with grilled sandwiches for a warm, filling meal.
- 6 slices bacon, strips diced
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup diced uncooked potato
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, cook bacon, celery and onion over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is cooked; drain.
- Add potato and water.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; heat through (do not boil).
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- Yield: 4 servings.
This is a very nice lunchtime chowder! I made as directed and will definitely make again! Thanks so much Whatcha Cookin', Mom?!